When it’s time to replace the windows on your Concord, North Carolina, home, some homeowners procrastinate due to expense.
While replacement windows are certainly an investment, avoiding the need to replace your windows can come with a price.
US consumers collectively lose $35 billion per year due to drafty windows, and you’re likely losing money right along with the majority.
Before you lose any more money this year, here are the top signs that it’s time for replacement windows in Concord:
- There are some signs that you can easily see with the naked eye when it’s time for window replacement.
For example, wood windows will show signs of age by chipping, peeling, and even rotting.
Rotting wood windows are one of the telltale signs that it’s time to replace the windows on your Concord home.
- The age of your windows can also give a hint if it’s time for replacement.
Quality vinyl replacement windows can last 15 years or longer.
If it’s been over 15 years since you’ve upgraded with new vinyl, it’s a good idea to have a professional evaluate the condition of your current windows.
- Another sign that it’s time for replacement windows is skyrocketing energy bills.
No homeowner wants to find a surprise energy bill that’s double what they were expecting, but this is the reality you can face with inefficient windows.
If your utility bills are continuously climbing, you might want to consider replacing your windows sooner rather than later.
- If you’ve determined that it’s time to upgrade your old windows, consider choosing UniShield® windows from Universal Windows Direct.
UniShield® is an energy efficient glass package that uses today’s best technology to lower utility bills.
- These glass packages include argon and krypton gas, which are used to maximize the energy efficiency of the window.
These gases also help keep your home more comfortable, and prevent your HVAC system from working in overdrive.
- Furthermore, UniShield® windows use low-e glazing to control the amount of solar heat gain that is filtered through the glass.
Dual and triple pane glass technology are also used in UniShield® windows, which creates Concord’s best energy efficient replacement window.
When it’s time to replace windows in Concord, North Carolina, be sure to contact Universal Windows Direct for the best value